eBay For Charity
Sell your unwanted items on eBay and raise money for Winston's Wish!
eBay for Charity is an easy way for buyers and sellers on eBay.co.uk to support their favourite charities. Buyers can shop for items knowing they’re supporting a good cause, be it an everyday bargain or a special auction. Sellers, whether they’re individuals or businesses, can donate a percentage from any sale to a charity of their choice and add Gift Aid to their donations. As eBay’s partner for the eBay for Charity programme, MissionFish offers invaluable support to eBay in many areas: providing the technology that makes eBay for Charity possible, certifying charities to participate in the eBay for Charity programme, collecting donations from eBay sellers, claiming Gift Aid on those gifts, and distributing donations and Gift Aid to the benefiting charities.
Follow these simple steps to sell your items on eBay and make a donation to Winston's Wish:
- Login to www.ebay.co.uk, (register if you don't already have an eBay account) click on the Sell link at the top of the page and then choose the Sell for charity link.
- Once you’re ready to sell your item, click on the Start selling now button and then select the ‘Advanced Sell’ option. If you're stuck, you can get some tips on how to list.
- As you’re filling out the details, look out for the charity box just below where you set your price. Select Winston's Wish as the charity you would like to support and also the percentage (10%-100%) of your final selling price that you'd like to donate. Note: The minimum donation is £1 per listing. Your listing will now have next to it to identify it as an eBay for Charity listing.
- At this point, if you haven't already done so, you will be asked to create a Mission Fish account. As above Mission Fish is the organisation that manages the transfer of funds from the sale to Winston's Wish.
- Complete the rest of the listing and submit your sale.
- A week after your item sells, MissionFish (eBay's charity partner) will automatically collect the donation from you. You can also manage your donations through the 'My Donations' section of My eBay, under the My Account tab. Any fee credits will appear on your next invoice.
- Back to top